The Woo Team
Our approach to developing an investment plan is three fold:
1) Develop an appropriate asset allocation that reflects your risks and rewards
• One of the most important factors in determining the correct risk adjusted return is proper asset allocation between: cash, equities and fixed income. We’ll construct a well diversified portfolio consisting of *: stocks, mutual funds, preferred shares, government/corporate bonds, convertible debentures and money market instruments.
2) Describe and outline ways to minimize taxes
• While constructing this portfolio we never forget the importance of minimizing taxes. We keep up to date on tax rules that affect your negatively affect your portfolio and identify rules that are opportunities.
3) Ensure your unique personal circumstances are being looked after by reviewing and updating investment goals, life changes and portfolio performance.
*a portfolio may not necessarily contain all of these securities or may contain securities not contained herein.
ABOUT DONNY WOO
Donny Woo joined Acumen Capital Partners in February of 2001. He graduated with Distinction from the University of Saskatchewan with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Finance) in 2000. Donny is a Senior Investment Advisor and is assisted by Darren Fong. Donny is a Chartered Investment Manager (CIM®). He has completed the Professional Financial Planning Course, The Partners, Directors and Senior Officers Course and Derivatives Fundamentals Course. He specializes in high net worth Portfolio Management and is licensed to trade options. This past year Donny has been added to Acumen's executive committee.
ABOUT DARREN FONG
Darren joined Acumen Capital in January 2011 working on a team with Donny Woo. Darren has a financial background, finishing his Management Degree in 2008 from the University of Lethbridge as well as previous experience in the oil and gas and financial services industries. Darren has completed the Canadian Securities Course and the Conduct and Practices Handbook course.
ABOUT MATTHEW WIENS
Matthew Wiens joined Acumen Capital Partners in July 2015 as an Associate working in conjunction with Donny Woo and Darren Fong. He is a born and raised Calgarian who received his BSC from the University of Calgary. Matthew’s financial background is in the commercial real estate investment and development sector. He has completed the CSC® and is working towards the Chartered Investment Manager CIM® qualification.